Followers

Monday 13 April 2015

No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake

Cheesecakes are my favorite! Baked or 'no-bake', I love them. They are also extremely crowd-pleasing! A well-made cheesecake is almost always a hit at parties. It's funny, I usually don't like eating something I've made myself but this cheesecake is an exception. It's super easy to make as well!


It's going to be a busy week! Mum's birthday is coming up! Woo hoo! It's also my best friend's birthday tomorrow and my darling niece's birthday too. Sadly, they are both across the globe but
HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway :-)

The weather has been AMAZING for the past two days. Just makes me so happy! So, when I'm happy, I make my favorite!

The recipe for this cake was given to me by a friend long ago. It has never failed me. Mango season is coming up and the mango version of this cake is DELISH!



Ingredients

For the base

400 gm digestive biscuits
4 tablespoons butter ( melted)

For the cake

1 can condensed milk
250 ml hung curd or 200 gm cream cheese
200 ml double cream
2 tablespoons gelatine
2 table spoons strawberry coulis

For the strawberry coulis


500 gm fresh strawberries cut into halves
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water

Directions

Put the biscuits in a food processor and blend till powdered.


Place it on the base of the tray and pour melted butter over it evenly. Now, press the mixture onto the base, place it in the oven and bake for ten mins at 170 degrees Celsius.

Meanwhile, whip the double cream till it doubles in volume. Whisk all the ingredients, except the gelatin, together.

Sprinkle the gelatin powder over 4 tablespoons of water and keep aside for five mins. Then, gently place it over a low heat and keep stirring till the gelatin mixture becomes translucent (make sure you don't burn it).

Keep the tray with the biscuit base ready.

Strain the gelatin mixture and gently fold it into the cream mixture and pour it into the tray over the base (make sure you pour it gently to avoid disrupting the biscuit base).


Refrigerate for 3 hours.

For the Coulis
Place the cut strawberries. sugar and water over medium heat for 10 -15 mins (till it becomes syrupy).

Blend in a food processor and strain it.


For the glaze

10 tablespoons strawberry coulis
1 tablespoon gelatin
3 tablespoons water

Follow the same instruction for the gelatin as mentioned above and mix it with the coulis. Now, pour it over the cake and let it cool for another hour in the refrigerator.









No comments:

Post a Comment