Followers

Thursday 7 May 2015

Chocolate syrup cake with fresh cream mango frosting.

It's been a while since I put anything up. There has been a lot going on in my life. Well firstly, we adopted a dog named Argo! He's amazing. Sadly, he has a weak heart and a displaced hip but his energy levels are through the roof (all day, everyday)! The poor thing is on a strict diet but he is FOREVER hungry! He eats ANYTHING! It's horrible for me to bake with him around. He does not leave my side! Not for one second. And manages to get every last crumb that I drop. He is a total brat but we are so in love with him already.


I had a major baking disaster yesterday. I was making a cupcake bouquet, finished it and the entire bouquet toppled over. It was horrible :-( Well, at least my dog was happy. He managed to run away with one of the cupcakes. Now coming to the good part of my week - my friend Jaya is finally done with her medical exams. She's officially a dermatologist now! Well almost... but still, the worst part is over. She's moving back to Delhi and so I had to make something special for her.


This cake is moist and fresh! It's a sure hit and so easy to make.


Recipe

Chocolate sponge cake - recipe mentioned earlier.

For the syrup
Half a cup strawberry coulis - recipe mentioned earlier.
Half a cup water

Frosting
1 cup double cream
Strained juice of two ripe mangoes
Icing sugar (quantity depends on the sweetness of the mango)

Directions

I used a nine inch round cake and sliced it to get two layers. Make holes in the cake using a fork or toothpick and then pour half the syrup over the lower layer.

For the frosting, whip the cream till you reach the "soft peak" stage. Then add the mango juice. Whisk it for another minute and let it chill in the fridge for ten mins.

Frost the lower tier of the cake. Then, place the top layer, make holes as mentioned above, pour the syrup over it and frost the entire cake with the cream. Chill for an hour before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment